War Pensions Act Review Survey
This is a voluntary survey to assist the New Zealand Defence Force to complete the NZDF response to the Law Commission’s discussion paper Towards a New Veterans' Entitlement Scheme: A Discussion Paper on a Review of the War Pensions Act 1954.
The NZDF has been asked by the Law Commission to provide a response to the public consultation on the discussion paper. In particular the Law Commission has asked the NZDF to engage with currently serving veterans in its response to this document.
This survey is administered in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993) and guidelines for research practice outlined in DFO 21/2002. The information collected from respondents will be treated strictly as “in-confidence”. The information you provide will never be used to evaluate your performance, and legislation prohibits us from publishing information that identifies you. Consent to use this information for the purpose of this research is implied by completing the survey.
What happens to your information?
- Completed surveys are sent directly to the NZDF project team which is located in the Military Personnel Policy Directorate of Personnel Branch HQNZDF.
- Responses are entered into a central database. The database will not contain specific information that will identify you.
- Hardcopies of responses will be securely destroyed once the research has been completed.
- A report will be written using the information gathered and the report will focus on NZDF wide responses rather than individual responses to the Law Commission’s questions.
- Individual information from the surveys will not be given out to anyone for any reason.
In the survey you are asked to provide some demographic and service history. This will allow us to determine whether there are differences in opinions across various groups.
I acknowledge that taking the time to complete this survey competes with other demands in your work place. But I want Service personnel to be recognised and adequately rewarded for their service through the veterans’ entitlements they receive. I want to hear what you think.
This is your chance to have a say in the entitlements that will be available to veterans in the future. Decisions being made today about veterans’ pensions will likely affect your future.
This is a one in fifty year opportunity for us to get this right. Please make the most of your chance to exercise your voice, and your choice.
Chief of Defence Force
It is very important that you take the time to complete this survey honestly and thoughtfully.
- Your Choice Your Voice: Veterans Consultation
- Veterans’ Affairs New Zealand - War Pensions Entitlements
- Questions and Answers
- Towards a New Veterans’ Entitlements Scheme: A Discussion Paper on a Review of the War Pension Act 1954
Thank you for taking the Veterans’ Entitlements survey. It begins with questions about who you are, and continues with a variety of questions regarding the definition of a veteran, what veterans should be entitled to, and other related topics. There are 49 total questions – we appreciate you providing answers to all of them, but you also have the option to respond to only those that matter to you. Simply click the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page when you’re ready to finish the survey.
Again, thank you!